The West Kelowna Warriors Junior Hockey Club will be hosting tryouts for the opportunity to play in the Junior Prospects Spring League. This League will provide an opportunity to showcase the prospect player’s abilities and talent to our organization and the other participating Junior A teams. For 2019, 10 BCHL Junior A clubs are participating with approximately 26 teams across all 3 divisions.
The Warriors will host three teams, each of a different age group:
The Spring League this runs through April-June 2018. This League will see competition from other teams in showcase style league play. Participating teams are organizing this league as a way for players to showcase themselves to Junior A scouts, as well as to the WHL and NCAA. The intention is that we can localize the top players we are hoping to recruit the following season or later, and see these prospects play in a Junior A atmosphere.
The Warriors Spring League program includes the following:
- BCHL Seminar to discuss the BCHL, NCAA and other opportunities we provide
- Coaching by the Warriors staff; you will gain a deeper understanding of the demands and expectations of a high-performance athlete in Junior A (mental, physical, technical and tactical)
- Full length games simulating Junior A. 16 games including playoffs run over 4 weekends from April and ending in early June
- Showcase weekends will be run across B.C. in 4 different Junior A cities
- 10+ practices and dryland
- Each player will receive a Warriors uniform jersey and socks, track suits, and warm-up shirt and shorts. One set of jerseys are to be returned, and one is kept by the player.
- League Website with full stats, standings, and player profiles www.jshl.ca
This league’s intention is to create an environment where players of high caliber can develop and experience the type of game Junior A can offer to athletes with the dream of eventually playing NCAA and/or Pro Hockey. Our league attracts the most NCAA scouts across the CJHL, and draws the most scholarships. This Prospects Spring League is designed to be a stepping stone to Junior A.
The tryouts will be small with about 35-40 players per age group. After registration, we will shortlist players to participate in inter-squad games. Schedule to be announced:
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or if you would like to participate in the tryout please visit the official site and register. Please include your position, birth year, current team and league you play for. Those who are not selected to attend the tryout camp will have their fees refunded.