There is an immediate vacancy for the position of Therapist/Trainer
The West Kelowna Warriors of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) have an immediate vacancy for the position of Therapist/Trainer for the 2019-2020 season.
The Therapist / Trainer position is a position within the organization that is responsible for all player injuries, sicknesses and general trainer duties. Some of the specific duties that the position includes are below:
- Working with the team doctor,
- Injury rehabilitation and prevention,
- Documentation of all injuries,
- Communicating all injuries to coaches and management,
- Skate sharpening and equipment maintenance,
- Practice preparation,
- Dressing room maintenance,
- Game preparation,
- Monitoring player nutrition,
- Supervising team off-ice workouts,
- Ordering and inventory of supplies,
- Packing for road trips,
- Comply with all Hockey Canada, BCHL, and BC Hockey rules and regulations
The successful candidate must have Hockey Canada’s Safety Person (HCSP) certification, Sports First Responder certificate and possess strong communication skills with experience in the hockey industry. Preference will be given to candidates certified as Athletic Therapists. It is essential that the successful candidate understands the hockey environment and is able to handle the challenges it brings to the day-to-day work atmosphere.
Salary Range & Term
Minimum $2000 per month is negotiable based on a 10 month term (August 15 – June 15) which is also negotiable. The contract length or number of years is negotiable.
Please no phone calls or faxes. Only final candidates will be contacted. Apply by emailing resume and cover letter to Head Coach/General Manager Brandon West @ email@example.com